My Liposuction Journey Part 1

This isn’t a picture of my stomach but it’s the closest one I could find to how mine was looking.

Over the last few months, I decided that is changing the trajectory of my life. I decided to explore liposuction. My stomach area has always been a problem. The weight always weighed me down literally, and it looked like I was pregnant on too many occasions. Let me tell you, it’s embarrassing when someone asks you when you are due, and you can’t have children. It’s a mortifying experience, and then all kinds of thoughts can run through a person’s psyche. I tried diets, gym memberships, prescription diet methods, changing my diet, and everything else people could think of to get better results. Again, I fell into a deflated mode. When the scales tipped over 200 lbs, I knew I had to make changes, and since nothing else worked, I figured what the hell. I could at least inquire as to my options.

Part of the reason I detest being in pictures is that I saw how fat I was getting. Loving who you are on the inside is critical to self-happiness. But when you experience excess weight, there tends to be a part of a person that can feel like their confidence level diminishes. Although the previously run tests weren’t enough to indicate a problem, I had sleep apnea. Yet, when I had my hysterectomy, the doctors all said that I had it. My depression was at an all-time high. I was doing everything I could to change my routine, but there were days that I felt I was going through the motions. I couldn’t grasp any sense of normality. I saw my friends and family doing things that I longed to do but couldn’t find the energy to partake.

I researched a company with expertise in the area of tri-sculpting. I wasn’t sure if it was the route I wanted to go, and I knew there was a high probability that insurance wouldn’t cover the expense. I also knew that bariatric surgery wouldn’t be a permanent solution and that the liposuction would be for the area that I wanted to work on to improve myself. After many questions and soul searching, I decided to move forward and make this a reality. I talked to my doctor and the doctors at the clinic. Then came the question of how the hell I would pay for it. My credit was shaky because I’m rebuilding it after several bad decisions over the last few years. I finally secured the money, and everything began to set in motion.

I started to get nervous about the procedure, wondering if I should not go through with it. The day came, and I got up early to be at the facility for a 6:00 am appointment. They took me in the back, obtained my vitals, and had me get undressed and into their garments. The doctor came in and marked my body with the areas that would be the main focal points. After he left, the nurse came in and gave me a cocktail of meds to take. Now, most liposuctions people are awake during the procedure. The drugs they had me take knocked me on my ass. There is no other way to say it. By the time I finally came to, I was home. I don’t remember anything about the ride back, nor do I remember getting in the car. I don’t know how my mom managed to get me in the house without slipping off the wheelchair we used for my dad. Nor do I know how she got the strength to help me in the lazy boy recliner. What I do know is that I slept for over 24 hours. I lost my sense of time and knowledge of what day it was.

She tried everything to get me to drink. When she put a bottle of water to my lips, it ran on my chest. I couldn’t control my body because I was too drugged. Then she tried to get me to drink through a straw. I blew it instead. I kept moving my head back instead of going where she needed me to. The laws of inertia weren’t working in her favor. By the grace of God, she could get me to drink and sleep finally. The first time I got up, I told her I needed to go to the bathroom, and when she asked me if I could walk, my legs were too wobbly. She then told me to go in my pants. I held it because I fell back asleep and, a few hours later, had gained more cognizance to the point where I could walk. It took me walking with a walker to get where I needed to go, but I made it.

As I began to wake, I felt so much pain—everything around my sides and middle hurt. I had a compression belt attached to me, along with a drain. It became crucial to keep the drain empty as it filled. I was still feeling the effects of being overly medicated. Most of the day, I was in and out of consciousness. My neurological systems were working great. It was the rest of me trying to catch up to speed. My mom had to be at the church the following day to complete the projection. She slept in the living room with me for two nights in a row to ensure I didn’t hurt myself moving about in a drugged state. I ate a little food for breakfast, took my antibiotic, and started moving about regularly. I couldn’t bend down and move throughout the house took effort, but the clinic said to move about ten minutes every couple of hours. I was doing that with no problem once I started coming back to the land of the living. When she came home, I decided to stay awake the rest of the day. I transitioned to ibuprofen from the hard narcotics quickly. I didn’t want to get into a chronic problem with those drugs.

Tomorrow I will tell you about the issues I encountered after that excursion. I can tell you that I feel much better. My sleep apnea is nowhere near the problem, and I can see my toes. I might be hurting, but progress is happening. Until tomorrow, have a great day, everyone.

One thought on “My Liposuction Journey Part 1

  1. Thanks for sharing – and congrats on the decision to do this for yourself. Why not? We have to do whatever makes us happy in now-a-days! I’ve considered this myself, but I’m just scared of pain.
    Speedy recovery and cheers to fun times ahead!

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s